Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Custom Report use of OOP basis (end) vs OOP-C basis (end)

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby ThomasK » Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:31 am

Hi Mark,

I'm 96% sure, but a quick clarification between the use of OOP-C basis (end) vs OOP basis (end).

So, OOP-C is to report just for the holdings right now whereas OOP includes money made/lost from previous gains/losses from sold positions of that investment during the reporting period. Said differently, OOP basis will subtract/add amounts that I had gains/losses with previous trades so that I can see if trading XYZ over time is making me money or even, for example, if I want to play a game of reducing my OOP basis to zero for 'free shares'??

Thanks,
Thomas

Here are the definitions as pasted from the help files for readers:

Out of pocket basis (current) OOP-C basis (end)
Total out of pocket contributions (contributions - distributed distributions) for only the shares currently held as of the ending report date. This is your break even value for the shares held on the ending report date.

Out of pocket basis (ending) OOP basis (end)
Total out of pocket contributions (contributions - withdrawals - distributed distributions) made from inception to the ending report date, inclusive. This figure is your break-even value over the full history.
ThomasK

Postby Mark » Mon Dec 20, 2021 1:07 pm

Hi Thomas,

Yes, your thinking is correct.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ThomasK » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:21 pm

Hi Mark, Happy New Year.

Does OOP basis (end) calculate P/L from previous trades BEFORE the reporting period of the Report OR does it only calculate the closed trades that happened DURING the reporting period?

Thanks
Thomas
ThomasK

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 07, 2022 1:28 pm

Hi Thomas,

Happy New Year. That field takes into account all transactions up through the ending report date. The beginning report date doesn't matter for this field. It goes back to "inception", which means the date of the first transaction.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports