Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Report File Location?

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Gally » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:20 pm

I back up all my Fund Manager file form my desktop to laptop for experimenting with data and reports.

This all works for everyhing except the reports. The laptop does not show me all the memorised reports that I have on teh desktop. Where are these stored so that I can back them up as well.
RGDS Gally
Gally

Postby Mark » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:44 pm

Hi Gally,

I assume you are using the backup/restore feature in a 9.x version? The memorized reports are stored in your registry. The backup/restore in 9.x is capable of backing up and restoring your registry settings, but it uses a method that is not available in older versions of Windows, and requires admin permissions when running under Vista. My guess is that you are running as a regular user under Vista, so your registry options are not being backed up and restored. If so, you can do a couple of things:

1) Start FM as an admin by right mouse clicking on the shortcut, and choose "Run As Administrator". You will have to approve a security prompt.

2) Turn off User Account Control (UAC) under Control Panel / User Accounts. I wouldn't recommend this, as it affects how you run all programs, and is a less secure method of running Vista.

Either of these methods will give you the required permissions to do the backup/restore of the registry under Vista.

As an aside... This feature has been re-worked for 10.0, so that you do not need these permissions, and it is also supported under all versions of Windows.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports