Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

basic percent change of price

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Bruce » Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:14 am

Sometimes I can't figure out how to do something so basic I'm embarrassed to ask for help. This is one of those times.

Custom report ... I'm looking for a field that is { (end price - begin price) / begin price}. Basic price change over the report period expressed as a percent. Help?

I just went through the custom report fields and didn't see anything like it. But that's most likely because I don't understand some of the names.
d
On a separate note related to custom reports that get memorized ...
I checked float end date and tie start date to end, with end date floats to yesterday... I'm after a report that is always "the last 12 months". When I generated reports on Sunday they were all blank. Today they're fine. I may have done something wrong on Sunday, or are they blank because Sunday has no data?

Thanks. Sorry for such bonehead questions.
Bruce

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:08 pm

Hi Bruce,

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions. It is more of an indication that we need to improve the usability of the program. The Custom report field I believe you want is:

%Gain-F (between)

It does also include distributions/share in the equation, which you can see in the documentation here. If you want it without the distribution/share, you'd need to write your own custom equation.

I'm not sure about what happened with your report. It depends on what data you were requesting and your report settings. If you ever get an N/A in a report, you can often look at "Help / Logs / Report Calculations..." for a hint of what went wrong.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports