Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Solution to Track Newletter Reco Performance

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Ilikemybu » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:13 pm

Hi Mark,

I'm trying to figure out the best way to track performance of specific stocks within my portfolios that were recommended by a newsletter. My portfolios are currently set up by brokerage account I looked at using a custom field for that, but I don't see a way to filter on custom fields. I thought of creating another portfolio and copying the investments from the original brokerage account portfolio, (so they would remain updated), not sure if that is the best approach. Do you have a recommendation for this?
Ilikemybu

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 07, 2021 1:28 pm

Hi Ilikemybu,

I would probably use Categories for this. You could also put them in a new/separate sub-portfolio. Either way would work. You can have the same investment located in multiple sub-portfolios. Check out the Categories Tutorial.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Ilikemybu » Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:56 pm

Can you edit multiple investments at the same time and update the category, (in this case I'm thinking of using Investment Goal? I tried selecting several, but it only changes the 1st one.

If instead I decide to copy investments to sub-portfolios for each newsletter, how do you delete the copied investment if you want to remove the copy.
Ilikemybu

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 08, 2021 3:10 pm

No, you can't edit the properties of multiple different investments at the same time. If they have the same symbol you can, but not a random selection of investments.

Use the Portfolio Editor to close any copies you don't want anymore. Right mouse click and choose "Close" or "Edit / Close" from the top menu.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports