Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Time-weighted Return Report shows ROI data

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Tom Kehrwald » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:39 am

For some reason when I try to generate a Time-weighted Return I get a report with the correct header but with the ROI report contents. I am using the latest modules. The ROI report works properly and shows the same data.
Tom Kehrwald

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:01 pm

Hi Tom,

Why do you believe the contents are from the ROI report? The TWR and ROI will be the same if you haven't added/removed money within the yield term.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Tom Kehrwald » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:26 pm

Hi Mark,

I confused myself about the TWR report, which I have not used in some time. Your explanation in the Help section is right on. I apologize for raising a concern.

I am trying to analyze my decisions within a portfolio where distributions are a factor. I realize a key problem is how one thinks about and handles re-investment of distributions. For the overall portfolio this is not so much of a problem - portfolio performance report with a wide enough time frame is sufficient. When one looks deeply at the implications of a specific decision it becomes harder. For example perhaps I can compose a custom report which include distribution data and yield like the portfolio report but with line items for each tax lot?

Tom
Tom Kehrwald

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 01, 2021 2:41 pm

Hi Tom,

Yes, check out the "Open Lots" report...
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports