Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Issue after updating the latest quote module

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby prasannainv » Thu Jan 28, 2021 7:19 am

I seem to have lost portfolio updates after I installed the latest quote module update (560). It looks like all of my portfolio went back by 3-4 months. How can I get it fixed? I dont have a backup taken recently.
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:35 am

Hi prasannainv,

Installing an update should not have any impact on your data. What specifically are you seeing that is wrong?

Fund Manager makes automatic backups. See "Options / General Preferences... / Data".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby prasannainv » Thu Jan 28, 2021 9:45 am

I did check that folder and the back there was marked for today AM but the contents are 3 months old. So basically all the portfolios went back to Nov time frame. I am missing new customers I added after that and all transaction update on other customers.
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:04 am

That folder should have multiple *.FMB backup files?
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby prasannainv » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:35 am

Yes they do. I checked on them. Strangely I dont see the customer additions made in the last couple of months. Not sure what I am missing. I had it all visible today AM till I ran the module update. Could I be doing something wrong at my end?
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 10:57 am

Are you missing clients from "Edit / Client List..." or are you talking about sub-portfolios for your clients?

If you have multiple *.FMB files, you can try restoring from them. I would suggest doing a backup first, using "File / Backup...", so you can get back to where you are now just in case you don't like what is in the backup you restore. Look at the date modified and the size of the *.FMB files to help you decide which one to restore.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby prasannainv » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:29 pm

I am missing portfolios. I tried multiple back up files. The names of the back up files have changed since November. Not sure if that indicates anything. It looks like i may have to get the customers added and refresh done again.
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:51 pm

By default FM saves a backup every 3 times you exit, so you should hopefully you have some backups more recent than November? You can change your automatic backup settings to backup more frequently, and save more copies if you want.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports