Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Transaction TIME?

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby drwehby » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:28 am

Hi Mark,
Is there a way for the Investment Transactions report to show transaction TIME as well as date? I sometimes buy and sell the same security multiple times during the day, and keeping track of the correct shares bought and sold (and hence correct capital gain/loss) would be easier this way. Thanks.
drwehby

Postby drwehby » Tue Nov 03, 2020 6:54 am

drwehby wrote:Hi Mark,
Is there a way for the Investment Transactions report to show transaction TIME as well as date? I sometimes buy and sell the same security multiple times during the day, and keeping track of the correct shares bought and sold (and hence correct capital gain/loss) would be easier this way. Thanks.

Even better would be if DATE+TIME comes in as one field, or are concatenated into one field, so I could sort by this combination, and thus list my transactions in sequential order, including intraday buy and sell transactions, for a given security. Thanks again! :D
drwehby

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 03, 2020 9:55 am

Hi drwehby,

Currently, FM doesn't keep track of time, only date. It does keep track of the order of transactions if you have multiple on the same date. If you have multiple transactions on the same date, the order of entry is used to determine the order of the transactions. We could use this order in place of time to help you accomplish the same goal. This isn't an available option today, but we can consider adding it.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby drwehby » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:19 am

Mark wrote:Hi drwehby,

Currently, FM doesn't keep track of time, only date. It does keep track of the order of transactions if you have multiple on the same date. If you have multiple transactions on the same date, the order of entry is used to determine the order of the transactions. We could use this order in place of time to help you accomplish the same goal. This isn't an available option today, but we can consider adding it.

By "order of entry" do you mean the time at which I placed the order? If so, this is not what I'm looking for, because what I care about is when it executes, not when I placed it. Thanks.
drwehby

Postby Mark » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:25 am

No, I mean the order in your records in Fund Manager. The order executed.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby drwehby » Tue Nov 03, 2020 10:36 am

Mark wrote:No, I mean the order in your records in Fund Manager. The order executed.

Yes, if you can implement that feature in future, of if that's something I can extract from the file, or a field I can use in a custom report, that should work. Thanks,
drwehby

Return to Reports