Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Saving Formatting For Custom Reports & Graphs

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby portaferry » Sun Sep 27, 2020 3:21 pm

HI,

This is a repeat of a problem I have had over the years in various ways. Upshot is recent event was a hard drive failure.

I am up and running again but I just have standard reports and graph formatting. I wondered if I did a restore from backup files if this would pick up my customised formatting?

More to the point how can I "save" or export these settings when I have some sort of catastrophic failure on my computer or are changing machines. Help here would be great as it takes a long time to tailor Reports and Graphs to the way that suits me.

All the best

Gary Wilson
Australia
portaferry

Postby Mark » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:16 am

Hi Gary,

These preferences are saved in the registry, and also included in any backup (*.FMB) you make in Fund Manager. You can restore these registry preferences from any backup. FM makes automatic backups, or you can make your own whenever you want with "File / Backup...". Use "File / Restore..." to restore from a backup. We also have instructions for transferring to a new computer you may find helpful.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby portaferry » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:51 pm

Thank you - that worked a treat ... and so obvious :-(

Use this software for well over 20 years and done a time consuming re-construction a few times.
:-(

Now using Fund Manager via Parallels - have never been able to find a suitable replacement - fantastic software that has rarely given me any problems, ... and problems I have had were probably self inflicted!

All the best Gary
portaferry

Return to Reports