Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio Performance

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby cricketbunty » Sun Aug 23, 2020 3:38 pm

Hi Mark
I acknowledge there are many reports in Fund Manager which provide info on return/yield ie TWR, ROI etc. But these tend to get a bit complicated for me. :(

I am trying to figure a easier way to understand how my portfolio is doing. I am a Canadian investor with all my portfolio in Registered tax sheltered accounts. So, tax is not a consideration for me. I also want to exclude the impact of current market prices (ie unrealized gains/losses). So essentially looking at the initial investment, distributions and any realized gains/losses to determine how the portfolio has performed.

Can you pls help with which report will be best to use to get this info?

Thanks and apologize if this topic has already been covered in other posts.
cricketbunty

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 24, 2020 8:16 am

Hi cricketbunty,

If you don't look at the current prices, you're only looking at realized gains/losses. You can get this in a Capital Gains report. Generally though, people are more interested in performance including unrealized gains/losses, so they can see what the performance is currently. There are many ways to get this, and the Portfolio Performance report is a good overview to start with, that does include both realized and unrealized gains/losses.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports