Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Executive Summary

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Arrow » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:30 am

Hi Mark,
I've already bought the FM Pro version and I 'm trying the Advisor version on a different Pc.

1. Is it correct to say that the Executive Summary cannot contain text or other things for more than 1 page?
Is there a way to work around this issue?

2. Is there a way to enlarge the pie chart in the executive summary ?

3. How can I attach to the executive Summary, beyond graphs and reports, different pdf or word files so that I can print them alltogether?

Thanks for ypur answer
Arrow
Arrow

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:32 am

Hi Arrow,

1) You can add text and custom graphs/items to the Executive Summary report, but yes, it is limited to 1 page. You can use Bulk Print to put multiple reports/graphs into a single PDF document.

2) The one in the upper-right is limited to the available space, leaving space on the left for the Portfolio Activity Summary. You could turn that one off, and add the desired pie chart at the bottom. If you turn off "Display Comments", the graph at the bottom will consume the whole width of the report.

3) If you use a PDF printer (like PrimoPDF), you can print to an existing PDF file, and "Append" to the document. This is done outside of Fund Manager, but it can be done.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Arrow » Sat Jul 11, 2020 8:54 am

Thanks Mark for your answers.
I do already use PrimoPdf, in line with your advice.
Could you please go more in detail about what you said around answer 3
"
3) If you use a PDF printer (like PrimoPDF), you can print to an existing PDF file, and "Append" to the document. This is done outside of Fund Manager, but it can be done.[/quote] "

Thanks Arrow
Arrow

Postby Mark » Sat Jul 11, 2020 9:50 am

Hi Arrow,

Sure. If you have another document that you want to append to a PDF you've created in FM, you can open than other document in whatever program it is associated with and just print it. When you print, you choose which printer to use. Choose the PrimoPDF printer. During printing you will be prompted for the filename to print to by PrimoPDF. Select the existing PDF file you've previously created in FM. PrimoPDF will ask you if you want to "Append" or "Overwrite" that file. Choose "Append".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports