Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Capital Gains - FIFO No print!!

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby HCPierce » Wed Feb 11, 2009 10:35 pm

Hi Mark: 20090211
I've created a Capital Gains - FIFO report for the year on a fund which remits a monthly payment. Everything is there month by month in the FIFO report. I click File/Print Preview and a small window opens which says " (i) The operation has completed successfully." I go to File/Print Report and a Print Report window opens allowing you to select: properties, page setup, preview or print. Clicking any one of these again gets a window which says " (i) The operation has completed succssfully." There is a small blue circle with a lower case i in it preceeding the message which makes it look like: " (i) The operation has completed succssfully." However, within the Print Report window I can change printers if I wish and I can change the number of copies. All else gets the cryptic " (i) The operation has completed succssfully."

Clicking on the print icon in the toolbar at the top of the page gets the same result.

Situation: I can successfully create a Capital Gains - FIFO report but I can't print it. As an aside, I did use and print the Capital Gains - FIFO report last year successfully but with an earlier version of FM.

Now using FM 9.4/403/130

Best regards, H. C. Pierce ---Chuck, Dana Point, CA 949.493.4179
HCPierce

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 12, 2009 8:09 am

Hi Chuck,

I've run into this once before with someone else. We weren't really able to figure out why it was happening, and I could only reproduce it on his machine. In his case, when we re-booted his computer the problem went away. Could you try that?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby HCPierce » Thu Feb 12, 2009 9:37 pm

20090212:
Hi Mark:
After many tries in various ways without success, I got the thing to print Capital Gains - FIFO tonight quite unexpectedly. I usually run FM as an Administrator. Tonight, since I was not going to do any retrieving of quotes, I ran as user. Doing it this way, I was able to print. Printed OK but in bad form first time due to portrait being chosen. Did it again with Landscape chosen and got the record I want for IRS purposes in good form. I don't understand whether Administrator/user was the problem and solution or only coincidental. Comments????
Best regards, Chuck
HCPierce

Postby Mark » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:47 am

Hi Chuck,

I'm not sure if that was a coincidence or not. When you say you run as as Admin, are in you in Vista, and right mouse clicking to choose "Run as Administrator"? Normally you should not need to run Fund Manager as administrator.

Now that it is working, maybe you can try printing both as a regular user and as an admin to see if it makes a difference.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby HCPierce » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:18 am

20090213: Good Morning mark:
Well I've tried both Administrator and User methods of signing on and both are now working!!! I'm using Windows Vista Home Premium - 64 and have been since getting this HP Pavilion Elite m9350f last July. I'm using FM Ver. 9.4/403/130. At the first recognition of the problem, I was running as Administrator (right click FM desktop icon and click Run as Administrator) and had been as a usual practice with FM. Nothing at that time could get the Capital Gains - FIFO to print. Each time I expected a printing to occur a small window appeared which said: (i) The Operation Completed Successfully. This continued until one time when I logged in with a left click to the FM desktop icon. Now I can't get the problem to happen again.

Computers --- Vista --- Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of Microsoft software and Hewlett Packard Computers??? :twisted:

Chuck
HCPierce

Return to Reports