Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

"Management Report"

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby elliots » Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:33 pm

I'm trying to do a report to show me basic info on all investments across all portfolios. (Do you have such a report?)

I've done a custom report on my "Master" portfolio showing me what I want but I need to sort the listing so all investments with the same symbol are together (to make sure, e.g., I've got consistent Investment Goal). The "rearrange investment order" menu item will do it, but I must move each investment manually. Is there a way to sort this listing? Also, the filter function will allow me to zero in on related investments, but it would also be nice to be able to exclude things, so I guess I'm asking for a more complex filtering arrangement.

Also (not critical, but fyi), I have the field "Share Price (ending)" selected but it shows on the report as "End value." I also have "Value (ending)" which shows as "End Value." I've looked in the Report Column Labels list (Custom) to try and rationalize this but don't see a default label "End Value," but I see that I've changed "End NAV" to "End Value" for another custom report. I guess the system has one field (labeled in different places as "Share Price Ending" and "End NAV") and I only get one re-name across all my custom reports?
elliots

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 02, 2009 6:00 pm

Hi elliots,

Yes, you can do this. Just create a report at your highest level sub-portfolio. Turn off "Sub-total" and "List By" investment. Add "Symbol" to your custom report, and then from the top level "Sort" menu, choose to sort by symbol. You can sort the report by any displayed column under the "Sort" menu. The "Rearrange investment order" dialog is rearranging the "investment stack", which isn't necessary here.

What specific other filter options would you like to see?

When you rename report column labels these apply to all reports of that type.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports