Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Rebalance Report

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby paulk » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:22 am

Hi Mark

This should probably be in the feedback, etc. section but anyway, with regards to the rebalancing report it would be extremely helpful to be able to add "High Limit" and "Low Limit" fields to the asset class fields of each client's "model portfolio" for those of us who use tolerance bands when we rebalance. Thanks!
paulk

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:54 pm

Hi paulk,

Thanks for the idea/feedback. Would being able to specify a delta percentage or a minimum number of shares for the whole report satisfy your needs? It would be kind of like the ability to specify these for "Export / Other / Rebalance Trades...", but just applied to the Rebalance report itself.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby paulk » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:12 pm

A delta percentage would work but it would have to be by asset class not for the entire report. I use rebalance bands as follows, for each target percentage per asset class I use a 20% "float" above and below that percentage to avoid rebalancing too often. So if my target for small cap stocks was 10% I'd love the ability to have the rebalance report list a "high" limit of 12% and a "Low" limit of 8% in addition to the target % and the actual %.
paulk

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:36 pm

Hi paulk,

Understood, thanks for the clarification, and feature idea.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ricbertsch » Thu Jan 23, 2020 6:15 am

Mark:

I too find this suggestion very helpful for advisors like ourselves that have Investment Policy Statements that set target, high and low %. Doing so in FM with an alert when the Asset Class exceeds the high or low % would be Grrr eat!.

Thanks,
Ric
Richard G. Bertsch CFP(tm)
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 23, 2020 9:28 am

Hi Ric,

Okay, great, thanks for the feedback.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Sun May 14, 2023 4:20 pm

Hi Ric and paulk,

I was hoping to get some additional feedback on this feature from you. If you have a target % of 10%, would you rather specify either:

20% band width (giving you 12% high and 8% low)

or

specify 12% high and 8 % low

Would you ever want to specify non-symmetrical high/low? If so, we'd need to prompt you for both the high and low %'s instead of a band width. It seems a band width might be easier, and with this we could make it easier to apply the same band width to multiple asset categories at once, and you could of course set each one independently.

Also, what data would you like to see in the Rebalance Report? Currently, we have Actual/Target/Delta % and then a Delta Value. If we had high/low targets what number do you want to see? The dollar value you're outside of the high or low target? The % you're outside the high/low limit? Maybe we could add 4 new report columns:

High Target %
Low Target %
High/Low Delta %
High/Low Delta Value

So, for example, if your target is 10% and your high is 12% and low is 8%, with an actual of 13%, the High/Low Delta % is +1%.
If your actual value is $1,300, target value is $1,000, high value is $1,200, low value is $800, the High/Low Delta Value would be $100. ($1300 - $1,200)
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports