Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio report not updating prices

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby adrianrees » Sat Jan 11, 2020 5:34 pm

Hi There

I'm trying to run a Portfolio Value report as at 31 December 2019.

I've updated prices for the holdings portfolio and the log shows its getting the new prices. The current prices and portfolio value shows up correctly in the Portfolio Editor page. However the Portfolio Value report only shows older prices (I'm not sure what date).

The only Portfolio Value report with the correct prices is if I run it for the latest market close date i.e. Friday 10 January 2020. Any prior 'as at' date only seems to update for the default cash account balance and no prices. The historic prices all remain the same and show as interpolated.

I updated to the latest 2020 version today but this was also happening when I was running the 2018 version.

Any idea why the Portfolio Value report is not updating?

Thanks

Adrian Rees
adrianrees

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 12, 2020 8:58 am

Hi Adrian,

It sounds like you are missing historical prices. There are both "current" and "historical" quote servers available to use. For example, the "Yahoo" quote server will retrieve the most recent market price only. However, the "Yahoo (Historical)" quote server will prompt you for a date range to update, and can get historical prices for your investments.

Check your quote servers under "Options / Internet Settings...", and note there are 2 choices, one for your main quote server, and one for your historical quote server. There are also 2 menu commands, so you can choose which server to retrieve with.

Use the Data Register, and set the data type to "Prices", and you can see all your recorded pricing data for any of your investments.

You might like to watch our tutorial on retrieving prices, and also the tutorial on using the Data Register.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby adrianrees » Mon Jan 13, 2020 3:08 am

Hi Mark

Thanks for the quick reply. Still not working.

The historical price retrieve server is set to the same one as for current pries (Yahoo - AU & NZ) since all assets are AU listed other than the cash account.

However when I try to retrieve historical prices using the toolbar 'HST' button or via 'Edit>Internet Retrieve>Historical Prices' I get no prompt for a date range.

When I go into the data register it shows the list of prices retrieved. The common one for all holdings (apart from today's) is 26/7/17 which is the prices used for all Portfolio Value reports that I run.

Regards

Adrian Rees
adrianrees

Postby Mark » Mon Jan 13, 2020 9:44 am

Hi Adrian,

That quote server is not a historical server, so can only get current prices. Try changing it to "Yahoo (Historical)", and make sure your symbols are all recorded as shown on Yahoo, with the exchange suffix.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby adrianrees » Tue Jan 14, 2020 2:47 am

Mark

Now working - thanks.

Adrian rees
adrianrees

Return to Reports