Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Asset Type Detail

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby elliots » Wed Nov 27, 2019 1:49 pm

For admin purposes I would like to be able to print out all of the characteristics assigned to investments in the Symbol List editor. Specifically the "asset type" percentages assigned to a symbol. In order to validate or update these assignments now I use Symbol List, pick a symbol, edit the asset type which, if not 100% to one type, requires scrolling to see/adjust the percentages. It would be very useful to get a report showing the percentages assigned. Can't create a custom report because I can't access the assigned percentages except in the Symbol List screen. Any work-around or suggestion?

Related issue. When doing a Portfolio Value report by asset type, the investments with more than 1 asset type (percentages) appropriately show up as multiple investment (with appropriate values) lines grouped within their asset type. While this is fine, it is somewhat confusing seeing the same investment showing up in multiple places. It would be nice to have a Values report not subtotaled but where an investment with multiple asset type assignments is listed on adjacent separate lines but totaling to the full value of the investment. I tried a Values report subtotaled by symbol, but it just shows the one total investment line. Any ideas for a work around or suggestion?
elliots

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 27, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi elliots,

For the first issue, you can try using "File / Export / Other / Asset Type...". This will export all the symbols, and a breakdown of their percentage of each asset type, in order. It exports to a CSV file, so you could open it in an editor, like Excel.

On the second issue, what would you be "Listing By"? If you're listing by investment, that is one list item per investment.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby elliots » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:27 am

Mark,

First issue resolved -- that's exactly what I wanted.

Second Issue. Here's what I'm looking for:

John Doe Family Portfolios (with a few sub portfolios for various accounts)
Investment Shares Value AssetType
XYZ Fund 1000 10000 Large Cap US {{percentages assigned in Symbol List Edit}}
XYZ Fund 500 5000 Large Cap US {{indented under total XYZ line}}
XYZ Fund 300 3000 Mid Cap US
XYZ Fund 200 2000 Small Cap US
ABC Fund . . .
DEF Fund

Thanks,
Elliot
elliots

Postby Mark » Thu Nov 28, 2019 8:59 am

Hi Elliot,

Okay, thanks for the clarification/example. That would be an interesting report. We could maybe have it break out by category or sub-portfolio, so if you owned an investment in different accounts, you could see it broken out that way as well. This really doesn't fit into the model of any existing reports, but it could be a new report style.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports