Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio ROI

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby csharin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:27 pm

Hi Mark,

The YTD ROI (1/1/19-5/31/19)for portfolio seems to be heavily (overly)skewed by a few investments that either started in March and are still owned or start in March and sold a few weeks later. I have tried all setting of interpolation. Whilst ROI of these two investments in portfolio show as NA in report, they have major affect on overall portfolio ROI in report. I can tell because if I remove these two investments from portfolio I get a reasonable portfolio ROI.

Thanks//Cliff
csharin

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:35 pm

Hi Cliff,

Interpolation range settings will not matter for the portfolio ROI, but would impact being able to calculate ROI on those individual investments. You might check that your transactions are recorded at the correct price, as that can make a big difference, like if you bought at $0 for example. You could also enable logging, and look at the equation, but that can be a lot of information to digest if you have a large portfolio. You could put just one investment at a time into its own sub-portfolio, and look at the equation from the log file in that case. See the documentation on ROI yields for the equation, and a link to how you can turn on logging.

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/hel ... s_roi.html
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby csharin » Sun Jun 02, 2019 6:52 pm

Hi Mark,

Thanks for the quick reply!

You nailed it. The downloaded transaction transferred the investments in at $0 price.

Thanks//Cliff
csharin

Return to Reports