Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Executive Summary.

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby aviator » Mon Apr 22, 2019 12:29 pm

Hi Mark,

Is there a report(s) that breaks down the Portfolio Activity Summary, specifically Withdrawn Distributions? I'd like to know the detail behind the number presented for my selected time period.

Thanks.
aviator

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 22, 2019 2:30 pm

Hi aviator,

Yes, use the "Investment Transactions" report, and in the Report Settings... dialog choose "Filter..." and then turn on the filter:

Include Only Portfolio External Transactions (Contributions/Withdrawals)

If you only want to see the component for Withdrawn Distributions, un-check the:

Purchases / Transfer In
Redemptions / Transfer Out
Splits
Notes

transaction types. This will show you only distributions that were withdrawn from the portfolio. It is also a useful technique to see the details of Contributions and Withdrawals.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby aviator » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:10 pm

Got it, thanks, that worked.

A couple of questions, please:
1) Also on the report is Withdrawals (different from Withdrawn Distributions). What combination of filter settings do I need to reconcile that?

2) On my screen, this report is long but the bottom 2/3s is blank. Is there a way to incorporate stock (or even custom) reports into the blank bottom portion? I'd like to provide detail to the Portfolio Activity Summary box (for example, withdrawals and withdrawn distributions), and the bottom of the page seems like the logical place to put it.

Thanks.
aviator

Postby aviator » Mon Apr 22, 2019 3:17 pm

Please disregard #1 above, I figured it out. Would appreciate an answer to #2. Thanks.
aviator

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:08 pm

Hi aviator,

2) You can add indices, comments, and a graph. You can't add another report here though. From within the Report Settings... dialog, see "Options..." and "Select Indices...". There are also other options you can customize under "Options / Report Preferences... / Executive Summary".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports