Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

ROI Yield Report periods

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby tomseeley » Tue Apr 09, 2019 7:25 am

I have created an "all-in" portfolio of everything I've been invested in since the beginning of 2008, because I want to know how well I've done, using ROI yield, since that time.

When I use the ROI Yield report, which is the parameter I want to use, I get the answers for various time periods, which I understand. They all end on the "as of" date I specify when I run the report.

So, by coincidence, if I run the report for my all-in portfolio for the period ending 12/31/2018, the 10 yr answer corresponds exactly to the ROI yield for my entire portfolio for the years 2009-2018. That's neat, but it still isn't exactly what I want to know, because it neglects all that happened in 2008.

So much happened IN 2008, regardless of how well I may have recovered from 2009 on, that I want to know a 10-year ROI yield for the period beginning on 1/1/2008 and ending 10 years later, or 12/31/2017.

It appears I cannot specify such a date period for the report. Am I correct, or IS there a way I could get what I want?

Thx.
tomseeley

Postby Mark » Tue Apr 09, 2019 3:56 pm

Hi tomseeley,

You can get yields for any time period you want. You can customize the standard displayed terms under Options / General Preferences... / Yields. These will apply to the standard yield reports as well as the yield terms shown in graphs.

You can also use a Custom or Portfolio Performance report and set the date range to any time period you want. For the Custom Report add the ROI between field to your report.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports