Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Wide Reports.

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby aviator » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:09 am

Hi Mark,

I'm trying to print the stock Distribution Summary report (no customizations) over a five year period. Give the number of columns and number of years I'm attempting to view, the report is wide.

I'm attempting to print to pdf, using PrimoPDF. Do you know what paper size would be wide enough to accommodate the Distribution Summary over 5 years? I've tried just about every combination and have yet to find one that will print the entire report width without truncating.

Thanks.
aviator

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:19 am

Hi aviator,

I don't know the exact size for this case, but here are some options to help:

- "File / Page Setup... / Scale Down to 1 Page Wide When Necessary"
- Use smaller margins in this same Page Setup dialog, and print in Landscape orientation
- Choose a smaller font under "Options / Report Font..."
- You may make sure you're not displaying extra columns you're not using. See "Options / Report Preferences... / Distribution Summary" to either automatically show non-zero columns, or specify which columns you want to see.
- If you're listing by investment, you can change the display format so it is shorter/narrower, like only display the name or symbol, and not both. See "Options / General Preferences... / Display / Investment Description".
- Don't display cents to get narrower columns. "Options / Report Preferences... / General / Display Cents for Dollar Values".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports