Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Rebalance Report - Batch Printing

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby ricbertsch » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:52 am

Is there a way to create a Rebalance Report for batch printing where the report will utilize the Allocation Targets set for each sub-portfolio? This would be very helpful when reviewing all
of our client's portfolios so that they are within their Investment Policy target ranges.
Richard G. Bertsch CFP(tm)
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:58 am

Hi ricbertsch,

Yes. If you assign the "Allocation Target" in the sub-portfolio properties that will be used when batch printing a Rebalance report.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ricbertsch » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:28 pm

Mark: I just want to follow up on this. When trying to run a batch rebalance report for all sub-portfolios, all of the reports default to the Initial Report that was run on a Sub-Portfolio. For Example If I run the Rebalance Report for client A who has an Aggressive Model Allocation Target, minimize the screen and then Go To the Batch Print - all of the Rebalance Reports for Clients will rebalance to Client A's Aggressive Model even if the Sub Portfolio has a Balanced Model Target Allocation. So I believe for now the program Does Not Allow for such a report since the Rebalance Report Settings do not offer an Option of using the Sub-Portfolio. If I am wrong let me know please. However if I am correct would you please consider this in a future update as having the ability to run a Rebalance for Each Sub Portfolio tied to it's own Model Allocation would save a tremendous amount of time vs having to run a report on the screen for each Sub Portfolio one at a time.

Thanks!
Richard G. Bertsch CFP(tm)
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 04, 2019 1:59 pm

Hi ricbertsch,

It does already work the way you want. Make sure you have set up clients, and assigned them ownership of a sub-portfolio. Next, go to this sub-portfolio in the Portfolio Editor, and right mouse click on it, and choose "Properties...". Notice in the bottom/right there is a choice for "Allocation Target". Set this however you desire. Now, create any Rebalance report for whatever date you want. It doesn't matter what sub-portfolio or allocation target you pick, as that will get set when you batch print. Now, choose "File / Batch Print/Email...". In the list of clients, check each one you want to print, and choose "Print/Email". When this Rebalance report gets created for each client it will use their sub-portfolio, and the Allocation Target of that sub-portfolio. This allows you to use different allocation targets for each client when batch printing.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports