Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Custom reports - alignment - column width

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby investor » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:51 pm

Is there a way to align all the columns on the left? and is there a column width limitation? I'm trying to run a custom report that includes portfolio hierarchy and I can't see all the data. Thank you. Chris
investor

Postby Mark » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:43 pm

Hi Chris,

The column alignment for report fields is not user-adjustable. You can resize any column to any width you want. Just click/drag the column dividers in the report's header area. There is an invisible column divider for resizing the right-most report column. It is where you would expect, based on where the other column dividers are drawn. Just move your mouse over it, and the cursor will change to a divider, and then click/drag.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby investor » Mon Mar 16, 2009 7:35 am

Hi Mark - I've created a custom report for conversion to excel to include only the "investment" and "filename" fields. No problem until completing the "text to columns" function in excel. The "filename" column seems to be limited to 18 characters which cuts out most of the information I need in the report. The "investment" column does not have the same limitation and includes all characters. Is there something I can do to get the entire "filename" on the spreadsheet.

Thank you. Chris
investor

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 16, 2009 8:31 am

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, this is not user-adjustable. All fields are mapped to fixed width maximums when reports are copied to text. The filename field is capped at 18 characters. If your full path before the filename isn't that long, you might want to use the "Path and filename" field instead, as that is capped at 40 characters.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports