Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Lost Client List for Batch Printing

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby ricbertsch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 7:49 am

Mark, I have lost the client list for batch printing. In reading the forum I noticed that you can restore it from a previous backup. I just want to confirm should I select to import the client list from a previous backup that the only data being imported will be the client list and other data will not be imported. Thanks!!
Richard G. Bertsch CFP(tm)
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:41 am

Hi ricbertsch,

Before restoring, take a look under "Edit / Client List...". Are your clients really gone? If so, you can restore from a backup. When restoring, choose "Client List" from the "Files in Backup" section and under "What to Restore" choose "Restore Selected Items Only". This will only restore your client list, and not any other data. Just to be safe, use "File / Backup..." and create a backup before you do the restore.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ricbertsch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:08 am

Mark, The Clients Portfolios and Sub Portfolios are fine however when I go to File, Batch Print/Email there are no clients showing at the bottom of that screen to select. It seems as though I have to recreate them again, which I prefer not to do.
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 04, 2018 9:53 am

If you look under "Edit / Client List..." do you see any clients listed? This is not the same as their sub-portfolios. What I'm wondering is if you have the clients still in there, but somehow they got assigned to a different *.mm4 portfolio file? If they aren't listed under "Edit / Client List..." then you would need to do the restore. If they are listed there, but assigned to a different portfolio file, you could just re-assign it to the correct *.mm4 file.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ricbertsch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:12 pm

Yes, under the Edit Client List they are shown.

The latest mm4 file that contains the list is a backup from a month ago. However if I use that backup my data (prices and transactions) will be reflected through 8/3.

So how do I assign the Client list in that file to the current working mm4 without wiping out the work and data since 8/3?
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:17 pm

Hi ricbertsch,

The latest mm4 file that contains the list

The mm4 file does not ever contain the client list. The client list is separate from your mm4 file. Are you using different mm4 files for some reason? It is usually easiest if you stick to a single .mm4 file.

When you define clients under "Edit / Client List..." you assign them to own a particular sub-portfolio in a specific *.mm4 file. If you change the open *.mm4 file, your clients would still be pointing to the old mm4 file. If you edit one of the clients you can re-assign it to the current .mm4 file, and then choose the option "Use Same Portfolio for All Clients", so you only have to update the .mm4 path once, and it will apply to all the clients in your list.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ricbertsch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:13 pm

Mark, I had to have messed up as the working portfolio is Aug 31 2018.mm4. However when I Edit the Client List, select and open a client the Portfolio File shown is Working June 13 (the one with data through 8/3). There is no choice for an Associated Portfolio Sub Portfolio as a search in the backups only shows one mm4, that being the June 13.

I will email you the screenshots from ric@focuswealthadvisors.com
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:19 pm

Hi ricbertsch,

Please perform the following in order:

1) Use "File / Save Portfolio As..." and give save your portfolio file without a date. Your portfolio file shouldn't really be dated, as you want to keep using the same one. For example call it "All Clients.mm4". Make note of where you are saving it.

2) Use "Edit / Client List...". Click on one of your clients, and choose "Edit...". Under the "Associated Portfolio" section click "Browse..." and pick the file you just saved in step #1. Once you do this, a new option will appear called "Use Same Portfolio for All Clients". Check that option. Press OK.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ricbertsch » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:43 pm

Done, Corrected and Much Thanks!!!
ricbertsch

Return to Reports