Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio Value currency issue (ZAR)

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby CrazyindianZA » Sun Feb 18, 2018 1:45 pm

Hi

I have 3 investments in a porfolio in three currencies, CHF,EUR and ZAR. My default currency is GBP.

The ZAR investment is retrieving the prices correctly using the Morningstar ZA server and I can see the portfolio value being converted correctly to GBP in the window. When I run the portfolio value report, the EUR and CHF is reflected correctly but not the ZAR.

Any thoughts?

Thanks
CrazyindianZA

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 am

Hi CrazyindianZA,

What window is your ZAR investment showing correctly? The Portfolio Value report should show the same value as any other window, as long as they are for the same date. If you were looking in the Portfolio Editor window, that shows the data for the current date. Make sure your Portfolio Value report is also for this same date.

When dealing with multiple currencies, note the "View / Exchange Rate Adjusted" option, and it's state will control whether you're viewing in the native currency, or the default currency. Also, check your currency options and exchange rate settings under "Options / Currency Settings...". If you haven't seen this already, please watch the Multiple Currency Tutorial.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby CrazyindianZA » Mon Feb 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Hi Mark

Thank you for the prompt response. It was indeed a date related issue. I retrieved enough historical data and the value section is now correct.

Best wishes.
CrazyindianZA

Return to Reports