Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Closed investment appearing on report of Open Lots

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby dlevy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:47 pm

I have a sold investment with zero shares. I have hidden it with the file operation "hide sold investments." Nonetheless, it is showing up on the Open Lots report with shares, open date, open price, tax basis, %gain, $gain, days owned, and performance all showing as "N. A." The price is the last retrieved price from a month ago.

Any idea why this is appearing and how to make it go away (without closing the investment)?

Thanks!
dlevy

Postby dlevy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:53 pm

I hit enter too soon: This may be the same issue as viewtopic.php?f=4&t=4303.

I have displayed things to their full precision and do not have View Hidden Investments checked.
dlevy

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:01 pm

Hi dlevy,

How many "Shares" does this line item display? Is the date of the report maybe before the date of your sell transaction?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dlevy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:10 pm

Shares (as with all other columns except price) is "N. A."

The report date is today, the last of the shares were transferred out weeks ago.
dlevy

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:22 pm

Hi dlevy,

It sounds like maybe you are using Specific Lot for this investment. What is your report setting for the "Accounting Method"? If you're using the default of "Assigned Investment Property", go look at the properties of this investment, under the "Other" tab, and see what you're accounting method is set to. If it is set to "Specified Lots", you'll need to specify the lots. Right mouse click and choose "Investment Data / Specify Lots...". If that doesn't resolve it, you can email me this single investment (the *.dat file), and I can take a look here.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dlevy » Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:58 pm

That was it. The report accounting method was "specified lots" and one of the shares-out transactions did not specify the lot. Thanks!
dlevy

Return to Reports