Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Open Lots Report with Transferred Shares

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby stevetone » Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:35 pm

I transferred investments from one account to another using the "Transfer Between" dialog. When I ran an "Open Lots" report on the account that received the shares, I expected that the "Open Date" and "Open Price" would reflect the original purchase date and price (i.e., from the old account). However, the date of transfer and the price at transfer are shown instead.

What I am wanting to do is to list each open lot and its unrealized capital gain. Perhaps there is another way to do this? (I did read a previous post on unrealized capital gains and created that custom report. However, it seems to lump all open lots for a particular security together).

Thanks for your help. I suspect that there's a way to do what I want, but I can't seem to wrap my arms around it yet...

Steve
stevetone

Postby Mark » Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi Steve,

I see the same issue. The open lots report is using the transfer date/price instead of the original purchase date/price. I agree it is more meaningful to use the original purchase info. I'll get this updated for the next release. If you'd like to test out this update, please send me an email through our contact form. I'll send you a 9.4 pre-release you can use/test. Otherwise, you can wait for the official 9.4 release, which is not yet scheduled.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports