Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Yield at NA - Yield Interpolation Range option

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby kinwolf » Mon Nov 06, 2017 6:27 am

Hi,

One of the mutual fund I have shares in only give a share price 2 times a month(IGI286). That seems to cause problem with yield calculation since Yield 3M and Yield 1Year always report NA. Yield since inception works though.

The logs show:
Unable to calculate yield for Fonds de biens immobiliers Investors A for date range 5/4/2017 - 11/3/2017. (Price for investment " Fonds de biens immobiliers Investors A" on 5/3/2017 could not be interpolated. Check pricing data or adjust "Yield Interpolation Range..." options.)

So I take it I could change the Interpolation to 16 days, but would that impact other stuff negatively?

Thanks
kinwolf

Postby Mark » Mon Nov 06, 2017 7:44 am

Hi kinwolf,

Yes, you could tell FM to allow interpolation across 16 days, but that is a global option, so it would apply to all other investments. It may be okay, but if you are missing prices in other investments you wouldn't be alerted to this, and FM would just interpolate, as long as the gap wasn't over 16 days. Maybe this is fine with you, but that is something to consider. Another option would be to fill in the pricing gaps in this investment. For example, if you have recorded prices on 10/15 and 11/1 you could record prices for some days between here, using the 10/15 price, keeping it flat.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports