Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Monthly Performance (Gain)

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby divinest » Sun Oct 29, 2017 6:38 am

Hi Mark, In the monthly performance report (selecting GAIN as metrics) i see the Averages at the end of the report, is there an option to make it show the sum instead of the averages.

Also is there a way to show the Monthly Performance Calculation Log for the report? I searched the online help i am not finding the option to turn on the logging for report level log.

Thanks much!
divinest

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:20 am

Hi divinest,

Sorry, no there is no option to change the bottom row to sums instead of averages. There is a sum for each year in the right-most column.

You can access the report calculation log for this report under "Help / Logs / Report Calculation...". This report's log only really shows problems, like reasons for any "N/A" numbers.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby divinest » Sun Oct 29, 2017 12:26 pm

Thanks Mark, that report log for debugging N.A is very useful.
A follow up question reading the help for the
"Earliest transaction to date from the date of your first recorded transaction to the default ending date " - is that first transaction date on the entire portfolio ?

Is there an option where the date is based on the selected security ? or is it always the earliest transaction in the entire portfolio? if we select this option?
divinest

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 29, 2017 4:26 pm

Hi divinest,

It is for whatever you are running the report on. Most reports are run for a sub-portfolio you pick, and not a selected investment.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports