Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Executive Summary features

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby paulk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:54 am

Hi Mark

Nice job on the new release of FM. Looking forward to getting comfortable with all the new and improved features.

Two quick questions:

I'm having an issue with my logo being cut off with the new Executive Summary report. I assume it's because there is so much information on the new report. I'm not having a problem with the logo on any other report.

Also, is there any way to change the fonts on the cover sheet and table of content option? It's a fantastic feature but the font is small and I can;t figure out how to change it. Again, all my other memorized report are fine as far as that goes.

Thanks
paulk

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:55 am

Hi paulk,

1) Could you maybe email me a screen shot, or your logo, and logo settings, so I can try to reproduce it here? Which direction is it being cut off? Do you see it cut off on the Print Preview also?

2) The cover letter is printed using your default report font, which is the font last set under the menu command Options / Report Font... from within any report window. It might be nice to add a "Cover Letter Font..." button in the options page so you can change it more easily.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby paulk » Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:54 am

Just the bottom is cut off. If you can direct me to where I can change my logo settings I can probably figure it out.

A "cover letter font" option that would control the font for just those three pages would be outstanding as I don;t want to change the fonts of all my memorized reports, just the cover sheet, table of contents, etc.
paulk

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 16, 2017 10:29 am

Hi paulk,

See "Options / Report Preferences... / Logo".

Each report stores it's own font, including memorized reports. So, changing the font doesn't impact memorized reports, or any other reports than the one you're changing. When you change the font, that font is remembered as the default for the next new (non-memorized) report. If you want to change your Cover Letter to some other font than all your other reports, you can create a new report, and set the font on that new report, and then close that report. That will change the default font, and the Cover Letter will use that. We'll look into adding that button though, as it would make things simpler.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby paulk » Mon Oct 23, 2017 10:58 am

As a follow up to the cover sheet option, I'd like to be able to add a list of accounts being reported on with the cover sheet. I see that subportfolio name and subportfolio account number are options to add. However, my portfolio hierarchy is set up so that adding those two dynamic fields only inserts the account information for the highest level which in my case is simply the client's first and last name. Would there be a way to add sublevels as field options?
paulk

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:42 am

Hi paulk,

Not currently, but this is something we can consider adding...
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby paulk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:45 am

Mark

Just bumping this thread to see if adding sub level portfolios as field options on the cover sheet is still in play. BTW the new cover sheet option with the ability to change fonts has been great. I've gotten rid of my old workaround and made my life as well as that of my secretary, much easier. Thank you!
paulk

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:33 am

Hi paulk,

Sorry, this hasn't been added. This is probably something that would be considered for a major update, and not a maintenance release.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby paulk » Fri Jan 12, 2018 11:04 am

Thanks. Not a huge deal but would make an otherwise good cover sheet even better ;)
paulk

Return to Reports