Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Running a report with same security in mutliple portfolios

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby flight » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:35 pm

Mark,

I have a top level portfolio with multiple sub portfolios that can the same security, is it possible to set up reports to just show the aggregate values. For instance, I'm running a Portfolio Value report and I see the same security three times (held in 3 portfolios) but would ideally want to see aggregated. do you have any suggestions?

thanks
flight

Postby Mark » Fri Aug 25, 2017 4:41 pm

Hi flight,

Yes, just run the report at the top level, do not sub-total, and list by "Symbol". All investments with the same symbol will be combined.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dholtz » Mon Feb 19, 2018 5:23 am

Mark:

Any chance you are working on an update that will allow running reports across multiple portfolios with subtotals. I'd like to be able to run a consolidated (multiple portfolios) report that includes subtotals by investment type and/or by sectors. Thanks,
dholtz

Postby Mark » Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:50 am

Hi dholtz,

You can do this now. For example, if you have a sub-portfolio hierarchy like this:

Code: Select all
- Master
  - Acct 1
  - Acct 2

When you run your report, just choose to run it at the top "Master" level, and it will include everything beneath it. Turn on sub-totals and choose to sub-total by investment type or sector or anything else you want.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dholtz » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:36 am

Mark,

Thanks and maybe I'm still doing something wrong but I was referring to the situation when you have the same security in multiple sub-portfolios. The only way I can get them to show up combined into one line is without any subtotals.
dholtz

Postby Mark » Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:40 am

Hi dholz,

Sorry, when listing by symbol, you can only sub-total by sub-portfolio. If you list by "investment", you can sub-total by any of the available categories.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports