Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Display All Positions

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby oyz79 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:53 pm

Hi - I have multiple subportfolios in a portfolio and want to view all of the positions in the portfolio on one page. Currently it displays each subportfolio's aggregate allocation within the portfolio. How can I display the individual positions in the subportfolio and their allocation within the portfolio?
oyz79

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 04, 2017 10:17 pm

Hi oyz79,

Create a Portfolio Value report and select to report at your top sub-portfolio. All the % numbers are a % of the selected sub-portfolio.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby oyz79 » Thu Jan 04, 2018 9:31 pm

Is there a way to run this report and also show a target allocation % for each position?
oyz79

Postby Mark » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:04 am

Hi oyz79,

See the "Rebalance" report. In the Personal and Professional versions you can create "allocation targets" by asset type, investment goal, sector, investment type, or currency. The Advisor version offers the ability to define a model portfolio, where you can essentially assign percentages by security.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Houstonwb » Tue Oct 01, 2019 8:57 am

I might have a similar question as oyz79. I am looking for a Rebalance report that includes the proportion of each security in each Category (particularly in Asset Type and Sectors). The subtotal would be the total $ & % in each Category AND the corresponding Target allocation and Deltas.
Example:
Security 1; Actual % (% proportion in Category); Value ($ proportion in Category)
Security 2; Actual % (% proportion in Category); Value ($ proportion in Category)
Subtotal by each Category: Actual % (of all securities in Category); Value (of proportion of all securities in Category); Target % & $; (Actual v Target) Delta $ & %

This is a combination of the Rebalance report which has Category and Target percentages, and the securities detail shown when one clicks on a Category in a Rebalance report. I use it to see what items contribute to my exposures to particular Categories.

Along those lines, how can we sort by Category (e.g. Asset Types) like you do, where stocks come before fixed income? Is it possible to add the Category sort order to a custom report?
Houstonwb

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:04 am

Hi Houstonwb,

You can get this in a Custom report, except for the target numbers. That targets are only available in a Rebalance report. Create a Custom report that includes the fields:

Percentage of portfolio (ending)
Value (ending)

and has the report settings:

Sub-total: by asset type
List by: Investment
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports