Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio Value

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby 4Profits » Mon May 01, 2017 7:00 am

Mark,
I am new to reports and have been tracking a Portfolio since February 1. So far I just looked at the performance at the end of each month. Today I decide to look back at the value of the Portfolio at the end of each month. However no mater what date I put in as the "As Of Date" I get the same value. Why is that?
Jim
4Profits

Postby Mark » Mon May 01, 2017 7:44 am

Hi Jim,

Are you picking some dates where there is a change, in either shares owned, or the closing price? When you pick a date where there is no recorded data, the last shares owned and closing price on/prior to that date will be used. When you want to investigate, click on an investment and open it up in the Data Register. Look at the "Prices" data type and see what prices you have recorded, relative to the dates of your report.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 4Profits » Mon May 01, 2017 9:37 am

Mark,
When I open up the investment it always shows the purchased entry. If I go to the Prices it has all of my prices from every day. Does the report use the difference from the end date less the purchase price or does it just use the purchase price. If it uses the purchase price it would always be the same.
4Profits

Postby Mark » Mon May 01, 2017 10:00 am

Hi 4Profits,

The Portfolio Value report is showing market value. So, it is the shares owned on that date, and the closing market price on that date. The purchase price is not used for this report.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby 4Profits » Mon May 01, 2017 2:44 pm

Found out that I had 2018 instead of 2017. Just dumb fat fingers
4Profits

Return to Reports