Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Report Cover Sheet

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby ricbertsch » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:45 pm

Is there a way to create a Cover Page or Letter for the Client Reports?
Richard G. Bertsch CFP(tm)
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:51 pm

Hi ricbertsch,

Not currently, but we're planning on adding this into the next major update. You could use an "Invoice" report, and customize it to be like a Cover Letter. You can put any text you want in there. See "Options / Report Preferences... / Invoice".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby paulk » Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:48 am

Hey Rich

I'm eagerly awaiting the cover sheet (hopefully with an added table of contents) myself. As a workaround I've created a coversheet and report explanations in word and simply mail merged it with a client list. It works well enough until an integrated solution is available. Just a thought.
paulk

Postby ricbertsch » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:03 am

Paul: We used to do the same years ago when we mailed reports. The software provider we have been using for the last 25 years eventually provided a cover sheet as a report selection. We upload reports to a client vault. Thus, I have become rusty at the mail merge process and wonder even if I take off the rust can I merge the cover letter into the reports and graphs generated by FM so I can just upload them all at once. Something tells me the answer is no and i would have to upload the Cover letter separately.
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 17, 2017 8:29 am

The next major update will include the ability to print cover sheets as part of the batch printing, and these cover sheet options include a table of contents. You can get a slight sneak peak at this in the Client Statement Service tutorial.

For mail merging now you could use PrimoPDF to print both your cover letter (from some other source) and print from Fund Manager. When you print using PrimoPDF you can choose to "append" to an existing document. So, you could print your cover letter to a PDF first, and then print the FM reports/graphs to the same PDF file, and choose the "Append" option when prompted in PrimoPDF.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby ricbertsch » Thu May 04, 2017 8:30 am

Mark:

When do you expect the next major update referenced in your Report Cover Sheet Reply?

Also is there a way to Permanently change the Name of the Report "INVOICE" to another name for the report? As I will use the Invoice Report as a Cover Letter.

Thanks!
Ric
ricbertsch

Postby Mark » Thu May 04, 2017 8:43 am

Hi Ric,

I expect Fund Manager 2018 to be released later this year sometime.

Use "Options / Report Headers..." from within any report window, and change the report type to "Invoice", and you can adjust the default title there to whatever you want. You could also create the report, edit the title, and then memorize it. Either way will work...
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports