Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Management fee invoice report

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby paulk » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:15 am

Hi Mark

Is there a way to customize the wording of the management fee invoice report to be able to bold / underline certain parts and also change the greeting field to something more personal? Right now the invoice pulls the greeting as "Hello (client name 1 & client name 2, last name) but I would prefer something like "Dear (informal name 1 & informal name 2). Is that currently possible?
paulk

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:17 am

Hi paulk,

Yes, you can customize this. See "Options / Report Preferences... / Invoice". You can enter any text you want, and insert various fields that can be inserted, based on the report settings.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby paulk » Mon Apr 03, 2017 11:52 am

Thanks. I assume the names on that specific report pull from the "client list" correct? The issue I'm having is that the only fields are first name and last name. I generally use the first name field for the couple's names (ie Jonathan & Jillian) and the last name for the last name (ie Doe). While that is fine for the address part of the invoice I would prefer the invoice letter itself to read "Dear Jack and Jill" which I assume would require a separate name field. That's not something I can do now is it?
paulk

Postby Mark » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:33 pm

Hi paulk,

Yes, the "Client" fields pull from the client list. You can use any combination of the existing name fields, but there isn't an "alternate name" field. You could use the "Notes" field, and record "Jack and Jill" as the notes, and then insert this client notes field.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby paulk » Mon Apr 03, 2017 2:37 pm

Thanks, that might work.
paulk

Return to Reports