Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Reports on Web Portal

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Mark » Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:41 pm

Hi Cliff,

Updated data is available immediately. The screen won't refresh itself, you would have to come back to that page, or hit "Refresh" on your browser to see the current data.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby cir » Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:05 pm

Hum, looks like the time may be in PT. I am on the east coast. Is there a way I can change this?
cir

Postby Mark » Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:30 pm

Hi Cliff,

Sorry, no, not currently. The time is displayed for Arizona time, which is currently the same as PST.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dbender54 » Thu Nov 30, 2017 10:26 pm

On the web portal, my Portfolio Value Report shows investments with no shares where the investment was sold earlier this year and there is no balance as of the report date. If I look at Report Preferences in FM, Investment Display has (unchecked) Display Hidden Investments with Activity and The Option of "Do Not Display Investments with Zero Share Balance is set to " ON Ending Date". The Setting under View for "View Hidden Investments is" is off and the report I view on screen in FM has no zero balance positions. Why is it not the same on the web portal? There is more than one position with a zero share balance that appears in the web portal report (but not in the FM report).
dbender54

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:26 am

Hi dbender54,

The web portal is not a "report". It doesn't use all the same report options for controlling what is displayed. It will display all investments, except hidden investments. See "Options / Mobile/Web Access / Preferences... / Display Options: / Show Hidden Items". If this option is not checked, investments marked as hidden will not be listed in your holdings on the web portal. The option you're mentioning (Do Not Display Investments with Zero Share Balance) is a report only option, and doesn't apply to your uploading holdings on the web portal. You can hide your investments that you've sold. See this tutorial on hiding investments.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dbender54 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 2:22 pm

I was expecting that the web 'report' would mirror what I see in FM. I don't have a problem with hiding sold investments in the FM report. What I'd hoped to do is suppress the sold investments with zero share balances in the web portal view.

The report in FM is configured to not show zero balance shareholdings and is displaying correctly.

If I look in Options-->Mobile/Web Access-->Preferences, Show Hidden Items is unchecked. I expected that this setting (in web portal) would have surpressed zero balance shareholding, but it does not. In one sub-portfolio, I have eight of them (zero balance shareholdings).

What am I missing?
dbender54

Postby Mark » Fri Dec 01, 2017 3:48 pm

Hi dbender54,

Zero share balance holdings are not necessarily the same as investments marked as "hidden". You can use the "Hide Sold Investments" command to mark all investments with zero shares as hidden. The report option you're mentioning automatically suppresses/shows investments based on share balance, but this does not apply to the web portal display of your holdings. The web portal view of holdings is not a "report". The web portal only works based off whether investments are marked as hidden or not. So, just run that "Hide Sold Investments" command to bulk mark all your investments as hidden that you don't own as of the specified date range. For more on hiding investments, see this tutorial.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dbender54 » Fri Dec 01, 2017 9:52 pm

Personally, I find the process of hiding investments (vs not reporting a holding with zero balance shares) less than intuitive and don't understand why this seems to require a different process than the report I create in FM (when I indicate not to report holdings with zero balances at the end of the period).

If I purchase any of those equities again, they won't appear in the web portal (not sure if they would also not appear in the FM report if I marked them as hidden) and I'll have to go in and uncheck that option in each investment property (I probably had 20). I'm unsure whether this changed between versions, but I don't recall seeing holdings in the web portal with zero balances.

But now that I've marked each of those equities as hidden in the investment's properties, they no longer appear in the web portal view and it is consistent with the FM report.
dbender54

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:57 am

Hi dbender54,

I agree this could be more clear/consistent. The key difference is that the web portal is not a "report", and doesn't have the same settings/options. Nothing about this changed between major versions of Fund Manager. The web portal displays/hides investments based on the investment's hidden attribute only. Reports are more functional. In addition to the hidden attribute, reports have additional options to automatically hide/show investments based on share balances. This same functionality isn't available to the web portal view. We could add this capability in the future though, so they both work the same.

If you buy more shares in a hidden investment, FM will automatically un-hide that investment. (See the option "Options / General Preferences... / Other / Automatically Un-Hide Investments With New Transactions").
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby dbender54 » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:38 am

Thank you Mark for the explanation of the differences between the web portal and the FM report. It would be more intuitive if you were able to make the settings between the two 'views' consistent in the future.
dbender54

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:45 am

Hi dbender54,

Okay, thanks for the feedback. I can see that being a good improvement.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Reports