Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Reports on Web Portal

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Cole » Sat Feb 04, 2017 10:37 pm

Hi Mark,

Is there anything in the works that would enable uploading reports/graphs to the web portal when using the advisor version? It would all for clients view say, performance reports, pie charts etc.?

Thanks
Cole

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 05, 2017 9:42 am

Hi Cole,

I expect we will continue to expand the capabilities of the web portal feature. Thanks for the feedback. If there are any more specifics on the features you'd like to see, please let me know.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Sun Feb 26, 2017 10:49 am

Hi Cole,

We just today released a new Client Statement Service. If you have any feedback or ideas for improvements on this I'd appreciate hearing it.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby boblee0918 » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:03 am

Is it possible that we can choose to see open investments? Right now, all investments are shown, including 0 share investments.

regards
boblee0918

Postby Mark » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:58 am

Hi boblee0918,

Yes, mark the items as hidden that you don't want displayed, and then turn off "Options / Mobile/Web Access / Preferences... / Show Hidden Items". Re-upload your data again after this.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby cir » Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:08 am

Is there a way to hide the dollar and percent change numbers on the Client Portal? I want my client to see their holdings and value but not the change or percent change.
cir

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:01 pm

Hi cir,

Sorry, not in the "Holdings" view. That isn't too customizable currently. You can however use the newer Client Statement Service to upload any custom reports/graphs/documents you create for each client. The integration with the Client Statement Service is available in Fund Manager 2018, currently in beta.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby cir » Sun Oct 01, 2017 3:22 pm

I uploaded statements directly from the Advisor Portal without upgrading to the beta version. This feature seemed to work fine. Please confirm that I do not need to upgrade to the 2018 beta version to use this feature. Also, how long will this free trial last until I need to subscribe?
cir

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:36 pm

Hi cir,

Yes, you can use the Advisor portal to upload statements no matter what version you're using. You do need to have some Advisor license, but it can be any version. You do not have to be using the 2018 version. The new Advisor 2018 version adds the ability to automatically upload batch printed statements, but you can also do it manually as you've done. The trial is for 30 days. You can click on "Subscription Status" on the left menu from within the Advisor Portal to view your status.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby cir » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:57 am

Thanks Mark. Couple more questions:

1. It appears that regardless of the date I upload, the files are sorted alphabetically by filename within a group. This is not ideal. Is there a way to re-arrange the statements once uploaded?

2. It would be very useful to know when clients use the portal. Of particular interest is when they last logged on so I know they looked at their statement. Is there a way to get this info without logging on to each client portal and looking at the Account tab?
cir

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:56 am

Hi cir,

1) Correct, the statements are sorted by filename. Allowing specific sorting may be more difficult for us to implement, but we could maybe offer other sorting choices. Did you have some other sorting option that would suite your needs, besides being able to specifically order all the statement files? The other option is if you are manually uploading, you could make the filenames start with a number, which would cause them to order in the way you want. For example:

1 - Report Z.pdf
2 - Report A.pdf

2) This information is stored, but not currently displayed in the Advisor portal. Let us work on trying to make this available, and I'll post back here once I know more.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:59 pm

Hi cir,

Regarding #2, see the new "Client Status" menu item on the left menu inside the Advisor Portal. You can now see a listing for each of your clients that shows their Username, how much storage space they're consuming, when they last logged into the web based Client Portal, when the last time was they accessed their holdings data from the Android app, the last time you uploaded their holdings data from FM, and when their account was created.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby cir » Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:44 pm

This will be very useful! thx
cir

Postby Mark » Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:07 pm

Great. Please let me know if you have any other feedback that could improve this. It is a new offering, so feedback will be helpful.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby cir » Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:14 pm

Mark,

How often does the client status update on the advisor portal?

Cliff
cir

Next

Return to Reports