Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Updating Price of securities

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Mark » Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:29 am

Hi reddragon,

Have you ever been retrieving them before? Are you able to view a price for any of them on a quote server?

If these are held with a broker that you retrieve transactions from you could also just update the prices from the broker when you do a transaction retrieve.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Wed Jan 10, 2018 1:33 pm

Hello I have the Spider Mid cap ETF ( SPDM ). It split in October so the new share price is 34 from 90. How do I record this correctly so when I do investment performance it not showing down 67%? Thanks
reddragon

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Hi reddragon,

It sounds like you just need to record a split transaction. You can enter any ratio you need for the split. Right mouse click on the investment, and choose "Investment Data / Split...", or add it from within the Data Register window.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby reddragon » Wed Dec 12, 2018 6:42 am

I was wondering when you update the price of securities in a account and all update except for one ( Wynn) everytime what could be the problem?
reddragon

Postby Mark » Wed Dec 12, 2018 9:09 am

Hi reddragon,

Things to check:

1) The "Symbol" property of the investment. Make sure it is entered without any leading/trailing white space, and is available on the quote server you're retrieving from.

2) Check that "Retrieve Price" is enabled under the "Internet Retrieve" tab in "Investment Properties...". While there, also double check what quote server you're retrieving this investment from, so you can verify with your web browser that this symbol is available on the quote server you're using.

3) Make sure the price really isn't updating. You can look in the Data Register under the "Prices" data type to view your recorded closing prices. Make sure you're sorting by date. You can also look in the log file after a retrieve using "Help / Logs / Price Retrieve...". If it isn't listed in the log file, then it wasn't retrieved. If it failed to retrieve, it should show this in the log file.

Some related info:
FAQ on price retrieve failure
Price Retrieve Tutorial
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Reports