Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Report Totals

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby hedgie » Sun Dec 11, 2016 5:40 am

Hi Mark,

I've been a FM user for many years and couldn't operate without it :D

Recently had the dreaded M'Soft Blue Screen of death, to had to reinstal W7 OS and all software.

FM 2014.13.8 reinstalled fine and Investments loaded, I set about completing my Tax Return [required by end of year here in UK] by reconstructing a Custom Distributions Return BUT it doesn't show column totals - like it used to.

I've searched through Help files for over an hour now and am obviously missing something simple [part of getting old, perhaps] please help me out of my dilemna and point me in the right direction for getting column totals in Custom Reports.

many thanks

PeterG

Smiles across the miles
hedgie

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:01 am

Hello PeterG,

How are you calculating a "Custom Distributions Return"? Is this a Custom report with a user-defined field, or some standard report?

If you turn on "View / Exchange Rate Adjusted", does that cause the totals to show? If so, you have mixed currencies. See: https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq ... encies.php
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hedgie » Tue Dec 13, 2016 2:16 am

Hi Mark,

It's a Custom report with all currencies in UK£

two screen grabs attached which may help/???

Thanks

PeterG

Smiles across the Miles
Attachments
tax return2.JPG
Comumn totals for End Value, Int Inc and Div Dist show N/A instead of Sum
tax return2.JPG (45.71 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
tax return.JPG
tax return.JPG (42.96 KiB) Viewed 2454 times
hedgie

Postby Mark » Tue Dec 13, 2016 7:56 am

Hi PeterG,

Did you try turning on "View / Exchange Rate Adjusted"? If so, and that still does not help, make sure any "exchange rate" type investments and any investments assigned as exchange rates under "Options / Currency Settings..." are assigned to the top-most/default currency. See "Investment Properties...". Please see:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/faq ... encies.php

It looks like somehow not all of your investments are in the same currency. You can also test this out by temporarily turning on:

Options / General Preferences... / Other / Allow Summing Values from Different Currencies
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby hedgie » Sat Dec 17, 2016 2:05 am

Thank you for guidance, Mark.

"view exchange rate adjusted" did the trick - although all my invesments are £ sterling [UK£] so the mystery remains although with totals now showing - all is well.

Happy Christmas

PeterG
hedgie

Postby Mark » Sat Dec 17, 2016 7:32 am

Hi PeterG,

It sounds like somehow one or more of your investments are assigned to different currency positions.

- Make sure under "Options / Currency Settings..." you only have UK£ specified once.
- Turn on "View / Hidden Investments/Portfolios" and run a Custom report with the field "Currency". Sort the report by this, and at the top or bottom you should find at least one investment with a different currency.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports