Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Custom tab of Investment Property

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby flight » Sat Oct 22, 2016 6:55 pm

Mark, what can this be used for?

For example, I have a custom tag that I want to apply to my positions that is not asset class or sector based. And then, ideally I like to use that tag to run different reports. Is that possible?

Say for example, I want to tag my portfolio around categories such as: cyclical, interest rate sensitive, etc.

thanks
flight

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 23, 2016 9:54 am

Hi flight,

You can use these to keep track of any other related information on your investments. They aren't used like categories, where you can filter, sub-total etc by category. For example, you could track the expense ratio of each of your investments, or P/E ratio, or any other statistic/information you want to know. You can control how these get combined when calculating for a portfolio, like whether to sum, average, weighted average, min, max, etc... You can use them for tracking not only numbers, but text strings or a date. For an example usage, see this FAQ:

https://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/expense_ratio.php
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby flight » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:27 pm

How do you control how the statistics get combined when calculating for a portfolio? or, where do you select this?
flight

Postby Mark » Sun Oct 23, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi flight,

In the dialog where you define the custom investment properties, which is "Options / Custom Investment Properties...". See the "Combination Method" drop-downs for each property.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports