Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Adding portfolio name and end date to custom report column

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby NickyB » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:35 pm

Hi

I'm currently creating a custom report specifically for export purposes - I need to add the data to a spreadsheet so that I can combine it with some accounting data that is held outside of FM. Essentially I'm trying to create a report with no heading, where the portfolio is listed as a column as well as the end date. I know this is a long shot but would it be possible to create such a report?
NickyB

Postby Mark » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:52 pm

Hi NickyB,

For the portfolio name column, see either of these custom report fields:

Portfolio parent
Portfolio hierarchy

Unfortunately, there isn't a custom report field that shows the ending report date. It is of course in the report header, but you can't make it a column.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby sigcima » Sun Dec 13, 2020 8:02 am

Being able to select Portfolio Name as a Custom report field would make life a lot easier for reporting and exporting. The suggested use of Portfolio parent lists linked portfolios too which makes this solution messy. Pure Portfolio Name data would be useful.

Please do consider adding this field to the custom report option, must be easy to do?
sigcima

Postby Mark » Sun Dec 13, 2020 11:00 am

Hello sigcima,

How would this differ from "Portfolio hierarchy" or "Portfolio Parent"? For example, an investment is always in some sub-portfolio. The hierarchy shows the full path to the parent, and the parent only lists the name of the parent, without the hierarchy. What type of object are you listing by where you want to see the portfolio name?
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports