Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio Value report

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby lvs » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:01 pm

Hi Mark,
Could you please help?
When I run this report by symbol, some prices get reported wrong and have the asterisk (* = interpolated) when in fact those investments' prices have been updated.
When I run same report but by investment, all prices get reported as actual (and correct).
Why is this happening on the same report when different "List by" options chosen from the drop-down menu?
lvs

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:17 pm

Hi lvs,

It sounds like you may have multiple investments with the same symbol, but not the same pricing data. Try creating a report at your highest level sub-portfolio, and list by investment, but filter by a symbol that shows this problem. That way, you'll see all the investments with this symbol, and their pricing.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby lvs » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:30 pm

I just did that and out of four active portfolios, three portfolios that hold an investment have this investment priced correctly. One portfolio has sold this stock on 7/02 and that day's closing price is the price that I see on the Port. Value Report by Symbol.
Is there any way to show the current price?
lvs

Postby Mark » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:57 pm

Hi lvs,

When listing by 'symbol' and reporting on pricing data, FM uses the pricing data from the first investment it finds. Normally all of your pricing data is the same for all investments with the same symbol. It sounds like you may have turned off the option to retrieve prices for this investment. See "Investment Properties... / Internet Retrieve".

You cannot choose which investment FM uses when reporting like this. It is best to just have all pricing data for all investments with the same symbol.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby lvs » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:01 pm

Mark, you are correct. I did turn off price retrieve for sold investments. I will turn it back on. Thanks!
lvs

Return to Reports