Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

custom reports in Pro vs. Advisor - customizing and saving

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby jerryo » Thu May 15, 2008 2:34 pm

while setting up portfolios (fm pro version) i am finding out that the REPORTS (Custom) don't allow me to customize column labels and save the setup for future use - i guess the advisor version allows that.
i don't see any more details about this - only short description under the versions compare table (sending emails etc.).
how far i can go in report layouts in the ADVISOR version ?
will i be able to save the layouts as an extra "library" ?
thanks
jerryo
jerryo

Postby Mark » Thu May 15, 2008 3:12 pm

Hi jerryo,

In any version you can memorize any layout you want. Set up a custom report, and then choose "Edit / Memorize..." to assign that report a new name. It will then be listed under the "Reports" top level menu, so you can re-create it again. You can do things like pick which columns to display, and set their order in the report.

In the Advisor version you can customize the column labels. Only the Advisor version has this feature. You must stick with the default labels in the Pro/Personal versions. In the Advisor version you can rename any column to anything you want, and it is memorized for all future reports. Just choose "Options / Column Labels...".

If you want to try it out, you can install the Advisor version, and run it as a trial. If you decide you want to stick with the Professional version, just re-install that when you are done. All the data files are compatible and interchangeable between the 3 versions.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby jerryo » Fri May 16, 2008 5:50 pm

hi mark
well, the report is saved with a particular sub-portfolio data and functions as a snap shot … I am doin’ that now with a pdf and storing pdf files separately.
I was expecting a GENERIC layout that would pick up data from ANY (sub) portfolio and could be produced with a new updated / downloaded data.
Seems to me that this would require a completely different database handling – right?
I’ll try the advisor version and we’ll see.
thanks
jerryo

Postby Mark » Sat May 17, 2008 10:36 am

Hi jerryo,

You can use any report to report on any sub-portfolio you want. That report's settings will be applied to whatever sub-portfolio you choose for it to report on. Just select "Edit / Report Settings..." and select the sub-portfolio.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports