Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Deleted information

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby galway2 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:42 pm

Mark-

When you delete data using the data register, shouldn't the deleted information be removed completely?

The information I deleted appears to be included on my custom report for ROI. I had inavertantly misplaced a decimal and deleted the entry and replaced it with the appropriate value. The report shows a -99.05 ROI although the investment value remains unchanged over the last 90 days.

Thanks.
galway2

Postby Mark » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:53 pm

galway2 wrote:When you delete data using the data register, shouldn't the deleted information be removed completely?

Yes.

galway2 wrote:The information I deleted appears to be included on my custom report for ROI. I had inavertantly misplaced a decimal and deleted the entry and replaced it with the appropriate value. The report shows a -99.05 ROI although the investment value remains unchanged over the last 90 days.

Check what date range you are calculating the yield for, and check your beginning balance, ending balance, and all your transactions within this time period. If you cannot figure it out, you can email me the investment file, along with instructions to reproduce the yield, and I can take a look.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby galway2 » Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:56 am

Mark-

I have checked the file and while it is not quite accurate in terms of the quantity (this is a stripped Treasury bond) I have only one entry, the initial entry of shares and price on 1/24/08 of 500 @ 96.763. For the report, I selected 2/1/08 - today. My result is -99.05 ROI, all other investments make sense.

My initial entry was entered at 50,000 (which is the actual amount) at that same price but I adjusted it so the value would be correct. (See post on Bonds under reports)

Am I missing something here?
Lisa G.
galway2

Postby Mark » Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:22 am

Hi Lisa,

I'm guessing you have an invalid pricing remnant from your initial purchase that you changed. Make sure all of your closing prices are consistent (not off by 100x) with your purchase price, and each other. Use the Data Register, and select "Prices" for the data type. If that still doesn't help, please feel free to email me the investment file in question, and I can take a look.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports