Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Reports Of Two Portfolios

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby johnreid » Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:16 am

I have a number of accounts I want to total in in one Report. At present, I cannot see how to do this.

The work-around I see is to create another sub portfolio and put all of the investments in it, and then run a portfolio report.

Are there other ways of doing this?

johnreid
johnreid

Postby Mark » Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:36 am

Hi johnreid,

Are each of these accounts in their own sub-portfolio? If so, just create a report at the next higher level sub-portfolio. When you create a report, you will see an option to choose the sub-portfolio for the report. The report will include everything at and all the way beneath that selected sub-portfolio. For example:

Code: Select all
- Master Portfolio
  - Acct 1
  - Acct 2

To see the combined values of Acct 1 and Acct 2 just report at the "Master Portfolio" level in the example above.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby johnreid » Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:07 pm

The structure of the portfolio is that I have a Master called Reid Family.

Under that, I have one for each of my three children, one for me and one for my wife. It is often convenient for me to look at the combined portfolios of my three children only; or, for my wife and myself; or for two of the children only.

That I cannot seem to do under the structure I described. If I cannot do it, is there a way I can restructure the Master portfolio to permit me to look at these sub-portfolios in the way I have described?

Thanks,

Johnreid
johnreid

Postby Mark » Mon Mar 03, 2008 8:28 am

Hi johnreid,

Yes, you can re-organize your sub-portfolios so that you can report on them combined the way you want. You would do all of this in the Portfolio Editor window. You can create new sub-portfolios, and use drag/drop to re-organize them. This window works a lot like Windows Explorer in Windows. Here's a structure you can consider for some ideas:

Current:
Reid Family
   Husband (me)
   Wife
   Child 1
   Child 2
   Child 3

New:
Reid Family
   Parents