Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Calculating a Portfolio NAV

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby deboard4 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:31 am

I have 25 ETF's inside one portfolio. Is it possible to calculate a running ETF based on % of Portfolio and current Price?
deboard4

Postby Mark » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:52 am

Hi deboard4,

Can you elaborate on this more? You can calculate many things on the whole sub-portfolio, showing a combination of all your investments (ETFs) inside this sub-portfolio.

Also, if you want to see performance/figures on just a portion of these holdings, use the Asset Type/Investment Goal categories. You can customize these (Options / Category Labels...) to whatever you want, and then assign each ETF to a percentage of any number of these. You can then report by Asset Type or Investment Goal to just get figures on this component of the investments.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby deboard4 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:41 pm

I am basically inputing holdings for a mutual fund. I have 25 investments. If you look at the total portfolio as a mutual fund, then the inside holdings would be calculated based on percentage of portfolio and current value.
So what I am wanting is a per share value of the entire portfolio.
For example, my sub-portfolio is titled "Mutual Fund 1". It has 25 holdings inside that are being updated throughout the day. What I need is a per share dollar value for "Mutual Fund 1" based on its 25 holdings.
deboard4

Postby Mark » Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi deboard4,

The only 'share price' you can get for a portfolio, is a weighted average share price in the Portfolio / Investment(s) Overlay / Price + Distributions graph. For more on this, see:

http://www.fundmanagersoftware.com/help ... tovly.html
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports