Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Custom report to show asset type percentage?

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby cowanbill » Sat Jun 26, 2010 7:53 pm

I have created a custom report that shows symbol, asset type, investment goal, portfolio and sorted by asset type. This report is a great aid for me to review the perperties I have for each investment as to asset type and investment goal.

For the Investment Properties dialog, I use the Asset Type tab to define two asset types and related percentages for the same investment. For example, define ABC mutual fund to be 70% FOREIGN STOCK type and 30% EMERGING MARKET type.

I want to add the percentages (e.g. 70% and 30% for ABC fund) to my custom report. I could not find Custom Report Setting for these percentages. Are these percentages available somewhere? Under some name of Custom Report Setting I did not understand?
cowanbill

Postby Mark » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:26 am

Hi cowanbill,

Sorry, no, those percentages are not available in report format. The asset type and investment goal fields in a custom report show the "largest" assignment, but not the percentages. The only way to see these breakdowns is in the Investment Properties dialog, or as values if you were to do a report with values, and sub-total by asset type. You would see 70% of the value for this investment in asset type 1 and 30% of the value in asset type 2.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports