Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Max to Max to Max incl divs

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby L Larson » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:30 am

In my ancient FM7.0 I would like to have a report that would be able to jump from a max fund price (or ROI for the fund) to the next max to the next, apparently the max's would be determined by a entered value for say 'within this time window' Days or months. Likewise for minimums.

If I use graphs to do this, its easy to see but a monster to attempt to do the math tho the arithmetic is relative simple. Its the hassle that I am wondering if FM can solve.

Lars

PS Since I dont use Excel no reference to same needed. But MS works spreadsheet I do use.....

TIA for ANY help other than referring to a shrink! :oops:
Lars
L Larson

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 21, 2010 10:33 am

Hi Lars,

I'm not sure what you wanted calculated here, but you can create a Custom report for a given time period, and include the field "Highest Close (between)". This will give you the highest closing price between the beginning and ending report dates (inclusive). If you want to see it for several date ranges, you can do this too. You have have up to 6 separate date ranges on a single report.

I don't recall if this figure was available in 7.0, but it is available in the current release.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby L Larson » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:14 pm

Yes v7.0 or whatever does that, I M attempting to calculate gain between peakc or losses between lows for some unknown (now) time periods. at this time just share price would do it, but if it works out then share plus divs....

Lars
Lars
L Larson

Postby Mark » Mon Jun 21, 2010 12:44 pm

Hi Lars,

You can't calculate the difference between these highs within Fund Manager, but you can obtain the highs using the described method, and then do whatever calculations you'd like on them, outside of Fund Manager.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby L Larson » Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:46 am

Apparently even an advanced version ie the higher end FM's dont do that either. If I could remember my calculus think we are talking area under the curve here....
Anyone know of where I can find a low cost planimeter? They used to be used in engineering and surveying to calculate land areas from maps and areas of curved shapes....
Yes, if anyone knows, please post! Itsa tool for investing too!

L
Lars
L Larson

Return to Reports