Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Variations on Standardized Reports

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby Mary Kennedy » Wed May 12, 2010 1:48 pm

I'm trying to create a report that builds on your ROI report. I'd like to use that set of columns and add a % of Portfolio column.

I'm stumped about this.

(a) If I start with your ready-made ROI report, there seems to be no way to alter it. I can't add any additional columns.

(b) If I start with a custom report I can't find all the ROI variables that are in the ready-made report. e.g, the ready-made ROI report includes 1m, 2m, and 3m time frames, but the list of variables for customized reports includes only 3m and 6m.

What to do?javascript:emoticon(':roll:')
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Wed May 12, 2010 3:20 pm

Hi Mary,

Use a "Custom" report. All of the same ROI figures are available. They start with "ROI". You should see the 3 month, 6 month, 1 year, etc... Please take another look, they are all there.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby Mary Kennedy » Thu May 13, 2010 7:01 am

yes, 3m, 6m, 1y are all there, but YOUR ROI report includes a ONE MONTH ROI which is not available in the list of variables. YOURS has a one month column and a 2-year column which are not available for use in custom reports. How can I include these and also add new non-ROI columns to my report?
Mary Kennedy

Postby Mark » Thu May 13, 2010 8:10 am

Hi Mary,

I see... The Custom report has ROI fields for the default terms: 3m, 6m, 1y, 3y, 5y, and 10y. You can customize the yield terms displayed above graphs and in the yield reports under "Options / General Preferences... / Yields". These yield term preferences do not apply to the Custom report's yield terms. It sounds like you've changed these to include 1m and 2y, which are not defaults. Those changes won't be available in the Custom report.

A couple options you can consider:

1) Use multiple reports... Use an ROI yield report, and a Custom report.
2) Use a Custom report, and stick with the default yield terms and/or make use of the ROI yield (between) field, and adjust your report date range to the time period you'd like that isn't one of the defaults, like 1 month.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports