Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Investment disappeared from portfolio

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby mxhowes » Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:13 pm

One of my investments disappeared from my portfolio. Price New Asia. (PRASX).
I discovered this when I updated my Transactions on 12/31/21 and a new account was created for PRASX showing only the Dividend distribution for 12/17/21.
When I go to File>Open Investments PRASX.dat shows "Date Modified" as 11/17/21.
I see that there was also a new file created today - PRASX_17793613 which contains the above mentioned transactions for 12/17/21
If I try to open the old file file I get "Data file is incomplete or in an incorrect format" . I see there is a "Restore" tab but I am afraid to use it'
mxhowes

Postby Mark » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:21 pm

Hi mxhowes,

You can restore just this one investment file. First, figure out where your backups are located by looking at "Options / General Preferences... / Data". Next, use "File / Restore..." and select the most recent *.FMB file that was created before this problem started. (Maybe before 11/17/21?) You will then be presented with a screen showing you everything in that *.FMB file, and asking you what/how you want to restore. Select just this one *.dat file, and choose to restore the selected item only to the original location.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby mxhowes » Fri Jan 14, 2022 6:52 pm

I followed your instructions and was able to get the investment back in my portfolio. But now I cannot update any prices. It shows it is connecting to YAHOO, goes thru the list and then says that the investments cannot be updated.
mxhowes

Postby Mark » Sat Jan 15, 2022 10:16 am

Hello mxhowes,

Are you using the current quote server module (564)? See "Help / FM on the Web / Check for Updates..." or "Help / About...". If so, and you still can't retrieve, please email us or post your log file from "Help / Logs / Price Retrieve...".
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby mxhowes » Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:00 am

Thanks, I downloaded module 564 and everything is working again.

Jim
mxhowes

Return to Reports