Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Portfolio performance report- help

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby prasannainv » Tue May 14, 2019 5:37 am

I am trying to use the Portfolio performance report and see the below two things that I am not able to address:

- In a retirement account, the monthly additions do not show under contribution but just increases the end value- this leading to wrong gain numbers

- A sold position comes on the report with no beg value. How to fix that?

thanks in advance for help
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Tue May 14, 2019 7:43 am

Hi prasannainv,

I suspect both issues are related to the date of your report, relative to your transaction dates. Notice this Portfolio Performance report has both a start and end date. Only money added between these dates will be shown as contributions. Also, the Beginning Value is the value at the beginning of the report's starting date, which is the same as the closing value for the prior date. For example, if your report starts on 1/1/2019, the beginning value is the closing value on 12/31/2018. The value on any date is the number of shares you own on that date times the closing market price. So, to see a non-zero beginning value, adjust the report's start date to after you made a purchase, and before you sold all the shares.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby prasannainv » Tue May 14, 2019 3:37 pm

Thanks, the date change helped on part of it. But for one Mutual fund, I see that the Retrieve Transactions is pulling in a position that was sold. And that seems to throw the report off. How to stop importing the positions that does not exist today?
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Tue May 14, 2019 4:18 pm

Hi prasannainv,

Make sure you have all your transactions recorded, so if a position has been sold you should now own 0 shares. You can then hide that investment.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby prasannainv » Tue May 14, 2019 4:42 pm

Thanks for that. Yes I see the fund code with a negative position. I run retrieve for all dates. Is there an option that I am missing. Not sure why it is importing a negative position
prasannainv

Postby Mark » Tue May 14, 2019 4:44 pm

Hi prasannainv,

It sounds like you only have the sell transaction, and are missing the initial purchase. It may be that the purchase was earlier than your broker had available on their OFX server (transaction retrieve). Look in the Data Register, and make sure you have all the transactions. If you're missing some, either retrieve for the missing dates, or if they aren't available from your broker, then you can manually enter the missing transactions.
Thanks,
Mark
Mark
Site Admin

Postby prasannainv » Tue May 14, 2019 4:48 pm

Thanks for the prompt reply and I think that should be the case. I will have to change this manually. I dont think the server is sending this to Fund Manager
prasannainv

Return to Reports