Fund Manager
PORTFOLIO MANAGEMENT SOFTWARE
Contact Us

Report based on Settle date

Questions on using, creating, or understanding data in Fund Manager reports.

Postby larryw » Thu Jun 21, 2018 9:14 am

I have an investment with my bank that the dividends are distributed in bulk to the bank and then the bank breaks down the dividends and posts to customer accounts, usually the next day.

When I import transactions the import file shows the original date (in this case DTTRADE of 6/19/2018) but the actual amount is not posted until the next day (DTSETTLE) so it doesn't show up in my account until 6/20 but FM Personal posts the date as 6/19/18.

Is there any way I can generate a report based on the settle date rather than trade date?
larryw

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:30 am

Hi larryw,

Fund Manager only tracks 1 transaction date, it doesn't have a trade and settlement date. You can manually change the date to be what you want, instead of what is brought down by your broker.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Postby larryw » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:07 pm

Thank you Mark. I realize I can change date in FM but the next time I try to import the qfx file the same transaction show up to (re)import because the dates don't match. Other than knowing which I've already imported so I can exclude it I'm assuming I'll have to continue as I've done so far unless there's some setting in FM I can't find.
larryw

Postby Mark » Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:12 pm

Hi larryw,

You could use the date range filter, so you only import new transactions since the last date you imported.
Thanks,
Mark
Fund Manager - Portfolio Management Software
Mark
Site Admin

Return to Reports